Cantoro Italian Market
Not So Secret Chocolate Chip Cookies
Today is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day and we’re sharing the recipe used in our kitchen for delicious chocolate chip cookies. Get on your apron and start mixing up something sweet for a treat to share (or not). Remember to visit our bakery for delicacies freshly baked every day.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Maldon Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (11.5-oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease 2 large baking sheets or line with parchment paper
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl
- Heat butter in the microwave in a medium bowl until it’s almost melted, then add sugars and beat until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients and beat just until mixed and stir in 3/4 of the chocolate chunks.
- Scoop dough using a small ice cream scoop onto the baking sheets. Press remaining chocolate chunk into the surface of the cookies and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookie center feels set and is very lightly browned on the edges. Cool completely on baking sheets.